Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm back!...on two wheels


There is no string of sentences I can bring together that is going to explain my absence from the interweb the past few months. I will say this as my only disclaimer; I do all my best thinking on my bike and when you aren't able to ride your bike for three months because of a broken humerus, there isn't a whole lot of good thinking that happens.
But now I am back and making a goal to blog at least twice a week. For real. I am serious this time. Tuesdays and Thursday maybe? Who knows. But I am back with a vengeance and my veins pumped full of bicycle fueled words.
Lately bicycles have meant so much more to me than they have in the past. Perhaps my three months sabbatical is the cause of this. Even as the temperatures drop and we usher in yet another cold Utah winter, I can't get enough of the one mile hill climb to my house, the feeling of cold cheeks, and the ultimate feeling of untrammeled freedom I get from riding a bike. The feeling of my legs: hips, quads, knees, ankles, feet, all taking me where I want to go. My lungs, gasping for oxygen, feel so much better at the end of the day when I have strained them for air and asked them to be stronger. My mind feels clearer and my waist line is noticeably smaller. I currently don't fit into about half of my clothing because it is all to big. I have three pairs of pants that actually fit. One pair are Carhartts, the other are electric blue skinny jeans I bought during my quarter life crisis.
Regardless of my ill fitting clothing problem I am happy to be back on my bike and hope that with consistent updating I can inspire a few of you to get ahold of two wheels and enrich your lives.

No comments: