Saturday, April 7, 2012

Musings

My friend Gina Cairney recently gave my blog a shout out in a post on her blog. I have felt the obligation update ever since.

I should preface this post with, I write a lot, just not here. Most of my time is spent finding the latest bike stories in Salt Lake City and telling them on SaltCycle. It has been an eye opening and wonderful growing experience. I am reminded time and time again why I majored in journalism to begin with, to tell true stories. Doing interviews with people like Nate King, a local domestique and neo-pro,have shown me different sides of people and the capacity of the human body.  I have also learned that there are a lot of people who yearn for the knowledge of how to fix their bike, or where to ride their bike safely. No one inherently wants to be wrong.

There doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to ride my bike more than 20 miles, make lots of artisan bread, and brew batch after batch of Kombucha. For now I will settle for the few hours I get to relax, slow down, and think about life for a minute while I ride my bike the three miles to the van pool in the morning. These three miles are therapeutic for starting the day. My addiction to exercise before 9 am is what keeps me sane while I sit at a desk all day and write. Everyday I am reminded, in some small way, why I chose bicycles all that time ago.

No comments: