Sunday, August 22, 2010

I moved again?

Yes, it's true. I have once again packed up my Subaru and headed North. Well...more north than Kanab and less North than Logan. I now reside in Salt Lake City, in my aunt and uncles basement. I have a real job now. You know, one of those jobs that pays you a decent wage and give you benefits.
I am pretty stoked on this new job because I get to do what I love best, talk about bicycles all day and get paid for it. I feel blessed to have a job doing something I love and using my degree. I have been wanting to find a journalism related job for a while but it seemed like nothing was working out till now.
Living inside has been a little weird. I don't really like it. There isn't a chorus of crickets and frogs that sing me to sleep every night. You can't feel a breeze indoors, and for some reason I find sleeping on a sleeping pad so much more comfortable than a bed.
I am glad I get to shower every other day now. It is nice to get up in the morning and say, "I don't think I want to shower right now, I'll shower later." Instead of waking up and saying, "I wish there was a shower here. I am dirty, smelly, and I haven't shaved my legs in two months."
New bikes to me are like crack cocaine. If I could own seven bikes, I would. lately I have been checking out whats new in the bike market so I can see what my next purchase will be in the way of bikes. I promise to post about bikes in my next post.

No comments: