Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Conquering fear

I live most of my life in fear. I'll admit it. It's not a big deal for me anymore now that I have realized it. So what does this mean exactly? It means it takes me twice as long to do things in my life than the average bear because I am to afraid. NOT ANY MORE!
The past few months it's been my goal to move past fear and into faith. I can live in faith and be happy, living in fear does nothing for me.
To move out of fear I acquired a portion of a sourdough starter and have been feeding it. I've used it to make sourdough pancakes and sourdough biscuits (for biscuits and gravy). It feels slightly carnivorous to be feeding something, watching it grow, and then eating it. But I like it. ;)
The second thing I have done is...... I am auditioning to be in a poetry slam at USU. I love slams, everything about them. Watching the poets as they pour words into the microphone for you to drink up creates this energy that is unmatched by anything else I have ever experienced.
I'm conquering fear. Watch me.

No comments: